Skip to main content

Please Hang Up And Don't Try This Again

I was on my computer all day yesterday playing with Windows Movie Maker for fun. And the, oh, 6 hours I was on there, I comprised a short slide show of Rennaissance Festival 2005. If that doesn't tell you how much spare time I have, nothing will. Anyways, I'm importing and saving and dragging and loading clips around like crazy, when half way through I find this pair of pictures with me waltzing around in full get-up with a shiny cell phone attached to my period ear. I started laughing. here, let me let you in on the story...

At Renn Fest this year, I had the great misfortune of wearing a dress without pockets, shoes that weren't boots, and a cell phone to carry around. the camera case fit the camera too snugly, Jansy's magical bag of goodness was already full, so I had to find a place to put this small thing. I look left, I look right, I look down. Oh, sheer genius. Where else to put it? I was wearing a uniboob bra, and since my cleavage leans toward the smaller side, there's a convenient niche right between that pair just big enough to cram, say, a cell phone. So, turning it on 'vibrate', I stuffed my phone down my shirt - no worries.

An hour later, we're taking pictures by the chapel, and my boyfriend's camera is malfunctioning. So I call his cell phone (which hopefully isn't wedged between someone's breasts) and he doesn't answer. Great. So, back into the cleavage my cell phone goes, and we go look in the metal shop so Tricia can shop for her littler brother's birthday present. In otherwords, I'm in a shop full to the brim with sharp metal objects and men of all ages and most of them who know how to use these things because they are getting swords at Renn Fest.

And then - horror of horrors - MY BOOBS START RINGING. Right there, in the shop, filled with men and swords and swordsman, the ice cream truck song is belting out from my BOOBS and everyone is STARING at me because my BREASTS are singing the ice cream truck song!! Tripping over my long skirt, I'm fishing around in my shirt TRYING TO FIND MY PHONE in this public store just knowing one of these swordsmen are going to chop me into little bits because my BOOBS were ringing, and that just isn't natural and probably punishable by death.

Finally, my groping hand came across the subject of my public agony, and I flip it open, laughing and crying all at once. It's my boyfriend, calling about the camera malfunction. I walk quickly from the sword shop, because I feel swordsmen's pointy eyes on the back of my neck, and I say, "Dude, you've got to hear what just happened to me..."

Comments

Deb said…
Too funn-ee!

By the way, I taught myself the very, very basics of Windows Movie Maker this summer. Man, I could not *believe* how long it took me to make about a two-minute clip of an interview I'd conducted. I have so much respect now for professional videographers/editors!
Anonymous said…
Dude, Heath, I never heard THAT part of the story. No WONDER you were so weirded out afterwards!
~heather said…
yep. that's why I was so weirded out. I was traumatized for life - of course I'd be weirded out!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

The First Stages

2 days ago I had a coffee date with the girl "in charge" of the house I'll be moving into this Sunday. Snuggled down in a sweatshirt over a white chocolate mocha during a drizzly afternoon we went over last minute details to make sure she and I were on the same page. As we wrapped everything up, she told me to wait and dashed to the car; coming back in with a polka dot gift bag I had only eyes for what lay behind the curled red ribbon tying the two handles together: two shiny silver keys. Inside the bag was a beautiful red journal and a heap of candy from all the girls to welcome me into the house, but I couldn't get over the feel of those keys in my hand with fresh cut grooves. I marveled at the sight of them threaded onto my keychain as Sarah Brasse's eyes danced from across the table. I looked up, feeling the warmth of the mocha spread from my abdomen to my fingers and toes and the ends of my hair. "It's real, isn't it?" I said. "It's

The Core Four

What a wonderful delight - the Core Four are back and typing about their lives. Nothing makes my day quite like reading a fresh entry - or two even! - from Tricia AND Traci AND Jans. Nothing compares. Especially Jans; that was what, a two, maybe three month difference between entries? It made me sad, but I checked as often as I thought of it. What a tremendous treat to click your link and find my name invoked in the first sentence - I'll be on a high from that for hours to come. To the rest of you wondering what names I'm referring to, check on my links sidebar; the three of them and I used to live in three different cities and two different states (now three cities and three states), and our little-traveled blogs kept us connected. These girls are the reason why I started writing a blog at all; it's hard to imagine that I once was the worst at updating consistently...now I can't get enough of it, and I run out of stories to tell (which is saying alot for me...) We all

I Watch You Smile - You Steal the Show

Anyone ever see "Mean Girls" with Lindsey Lohan? When she was pissed off, she suffered from a symptom she dubbed "word vomit". Hers was the result of her convulsing anger, but I have a different word vomit. Mine is basically the result of my vocabulary and emotions upchucking at the same time. I'm not quite sure what to tell you guys; what's appropriate to say, what you don't need to know, what's too much to tell you. This is probably gonna be a pretty long entry, which might scare you off, but after hearing my unusally discouraging tones I have no doubt that many of you are now riveted. I guess...you guys love me and want to know me, and for some, this is the only way you keep up with me. I'll figure out the limit as I go, I guess. I had a very good talk with my momma today, which is a good sign for our relationship. It was violently and starkly splintered for quite a while, but it has progressed in leaps and bounds lately as I've better und