Skip to main content

Singing His Praises

It's been a very good weekend on several levels. Thursday sucked, because I had to study for math the night before, get up early, study two more hours of math, take my math final, try and hang out with a friend and falling asleep, taking a two hour nap, and then working 9 hours WITHOUT a break until 2 IN THE MORNING. Utterly miserable. But I studied with Dave in the morning. I hung with Dave after my math final until my other friend arrived. Dave picked me up from work at 2 in the morning. Dave stayed until 3 rubbing the splintering pain from my spine. I slept until 1 in the afternoon the next day and was just fine.

So Saturday meant Dave and I have been going out for 6 months...and I feel kinda bad. He has this plan to celebrate it...but not until Thursday the 15th. The hackles rose in my Princess genes, but I knew that was unfair to him, he's actually making an effort to make a special night to celebrate. But Saturday, the boy was invited to come over around 11 to hang out after work and so I can see him on the 6th. The boy declines on account of tiredness, and yet talks for an hour and a half with me on the phone. Fortunately for the wholeness of his vulnerable throat, he picks up on my slight annoyance and addresses it. He makes up for it by offering to spend Sunday night with me after he got off work at 7. Putting away the grindstone and sheathing my knife, I accept the offer.

So, today is Sunday. And...we hang out. With my 11 year old brother...and 13 year old sister...and my dad...watching a devastatingly dorky G-rated campy movie. THAT WASN'T WHAT I MEANT. It wasn't that bad, but I was getting a little frustrated. HE SHOULD KNOW THIS ISN'T WHAT I MEANT! WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE NOT A MIND READER?! Again, he somehow managed to pick up on my negative aura positively EMANATING from all 5'3" of me after he playfully pinned me down for the 12th time that evening. I wasn't really that mad, really, but him immobilizing me and stuffing snow down my pants after my mood-o-meter was already in the yellowish "peeved" area, that didn't do much to send that needle back toward the green area.

But he was shrewd enough to pick up vibes that my mood-o-meter was outta wack, and has offered to chat online later tonight, sometime around eleven thirty. So I've wrestled the needle back into Green and stuffed the sheathed knife into the back of my closet (trust me, it's better than being lost in a black hole in there, just trust me) and done some thinking.

Look, this guy will drive me home at two in the morning from work, give me a back massage as three in the morning, is willing to hang with me AND my entire family, is able to pick up my mood vibes and act appropriately, and has only postponed celebrating with me so he can make the most of it for me. *piles more dirty clothes into the closet* A silly little thing like shoveling snow down my trousers isn't gonna faze me compared to all that goodness.

Comments

Deb said…
So, will we get an update after the 15th?

By the way, LOVE that mood-o-meter thing!

Popular posts from this blog

The First Stages

2 days ago I had a coffee date with the girl "in charge" of the house I'll be moving into this Sunday. Snuggled down in a sweatshirt over a white chocolate mocha during a drizzly afternoon we went over last minute details to make sure she and I were on the same page. As we wrapped everything up, she told me to wait and dashed to the car; coming back in with a polka dot gift bag I had only eyes for what lay behind the curled red ribbon tying the two handles together: two shiny silver keys. Inside the bag was a beautiful red journal and a heap of candy from all the girls to welcome me into the house, but I couldn't get over the feel of those keys in my hand with fresh cut grooves. I marveled at the sight of them threaded onto my keychain as Sarah Brasse's eyes danced from across the table. I looked up, feeling the warmth of the mocha spread from my abdomen to my fingers and toes and the ends of my hair. "It's real, isn't it?" I said. "It's

The Core Four

What a wonderful delight - the Core Four are back and typing about their lives. Nothing makes my day quite like reading a fresh entry - or two even! - from Tricia AND Traci AND Jans. Nothing compares. Especially Jans; that was what, a two, maybe three month difference between entries? It made me sad, but I checked as often as I thought of it. What a tremendous treat to click your link and find my name invoked in the first sentence - I'll be on a high from that for hours to come. To the rest of you wondering what names I'm referring to, check on my links sidebar; the three of them and I used to live in three different cities and two different states (now three cities and three states), and our little-traveled blogs kept us connected. These girls are the reason why I started writing a blog at all; it's hard to imagine that I once was the worst at updating consistently...now I can't get enough of it, and I run out of stories to tell (which is saying alot for me...) We all

I Watch You Smile - You Steal the Show

Anyone ever see "Mean Girls" with Lindsey Lohan? When she was pissed off, she suffered from a symptom she dubbed "word vomit". Hers was the result of her convulsing anger, but I have a different word vomit. Mine is basically the result of my vocabulary and emotions upchucking at the same time. I'm not quite sure what to tell you guys; what's appropriate to say, what you don't need to know, what's too much to tell you. This is probably gonna be a pretty long entry, which might scare you off, but after hearing my unusally discouraging tones I have no doubt that many of you are now riveted. I guess...you guys love me and want to know me, and for some, this is the only way you keep up with me. I'll figure out the limit as I go, I guess. I had a very good talk with my momma today, which is a good sign for our relationship. It was violently and starkly splintered for quite a while, but it has progressed in leaps and bounds lately as I've better und