Skip to main content

Some General Updates

Right now, I'm in the Columbus State computer lab using a visually handicapped computer because they have nothing else for me. Well, I'd like to think that's the reason - maybe they think I really am handicapped. Oh well.

So, the letters on the keyboard are in all magnificently obnoxious bold letters SCREAMING for me and my not-THAT-screwed-up vision to look at them. I can't help it. They're just too...BIG. I can't stop looking at them, they are just so HUGE. That and the backspace key is florescent yellow, the shift keys are this hypnotically bright green, and the enter key is this big black blemish on my board now. I CANNOT WORK WITH THIS KEYBOARD. TOO...VISUALLY...DISTRACTING.

Ok, weird keyboard rant aside, I can move on to other more interesting things, such as...updates on my life I guess. I don't really have anything funny saved up from the past couple days for you guys, so I'll just fill you in on a couple of things.

work: It's still going really well. I went in tired the past couple of days, but my day was brightened by some either interesting or compassionate customers. This soft-eyed college guy came in and noticed I was practically passed out on the conveyor belt, so we chatted a while as I rang up his groceries. Just before leaving he looks me square in the eyes and says "I hope everything goes well for you." He didn't apologize for my stress, just told me he hoped it would get better. That helped me get through the day a little more awake. And then, there was this crazy amazing grocery shopping woman (in the Super Hero world, she would be called The Coupon Avenger) who bought a handcart's worth full of stuff, so about 20 items. Using her Giant Eagle and a fistful of coupons she got $35 worth of groceries FOR 10 CENTS. I did a double-take towards my monitor, and she laughed a little. "Don't be surprised, that's pretty normal" she said. I have found a new hero in my life - teach me thy ways oh mighty Coupon Avenger.

moving out status: Still a work in progress, but we're getting to the end of the stalemate in the action part. I've got a rough idea of what my work schedule will be like, and it will be enough to get me by and then a little more. It'll be quite a while still, but I talked to the house leader (Sara Brasse, referred to as Brasse, for future reference...) and that was encouraging. "I don't have any time this week, but if you want, feel free to have your dad email me some of his simpler questions. And as far as when you move in, I'd be fine with you giving me a week's notice, I'm just glad you're doing something about it." Thanks Brasse - I needed the encouragement. :)

Dave: Excellent. I talked to him Monday night about the stuff in the previous post and it went really well. Well..."talked to him" is probably the wrong phrase to use. I mumbled alternately into his sweatshirt-clad shoulder and past his chuckles.
"Chill out," he laughed gently.
"No, but I want to explain it to you! Let me explain!"
"I understand and I'm not hurt, it's okay, I'll do it, all right?"
"You always say that."
"Ok, chill, I'll do it...well, what do you want me to say? I'll do it, ok? I promise."
Back into his shoulder. "K"
Wasn't the reaction I was expecting, but I was pleased by it. I'm really really really really really bad about speaking up to people when I don't agree about something. Which is why I spent several days screwing up the words and the guts to talk to him; a lot of the reason why I did it was to prove to myself that I could do it, and that it wasn't THAT bad. And it wasn't - not with a good guy like Dave.

Every Wednesday, Dave and I set aside time to hang out after school and before he goes to work for a few hours. Today is Wednesday, and he says he has something for me. It's not a letter (*sigh* figures) but he said it's something he had originally planned to give me for Valentine's Day. Cool! So, looking forward to that.

other: well, that should about do it, as far as updates. Mom's husband Trent has finally fled from his managerial position at his deep-ghetto Dollar General Store (he once got held up at the point of a sawed-off shotgun - that's a pretty good story) and is now...driving a Little Debbie truck. Yep - it pays about the same, too. He drives around Columbus all week long supplying certain grocery stores and gas stations with Little Debbie treats. Isn't that a funny thought? He does like it though.

Ok, now I'm done for real, I promise. Love and hugs to all of you. [note to Brian: I HEREBY REFUSE TO EVER BLOG ABOUT MY BOREDOM PURELY TO SPITE YOU] I'm off to do something productive...well, semi-productive, I guess. Love love love love love!!

(You know those buttons in hospitals that raise your bed up and down? Guess what? I just found that my visually handicapped computer has one of those buttons. I GOT DIBS ON THIS COMPUTER FOR FOREVER!!)

Comments

Anonymous said…
you suck
Anonymous said…
good deal... my week has been a little more rocky than expected but im doing good. lets hope my poast dont dubble this time

Over and out Trukers,
~Nate the Rednek
i made 1 of these Blog things .........nuthing on it yet

~nate

Popular posts from this blog

The First Stages

2 days ago I had a coffee date with the girl "in charge" of the house I'll be moving into this Sunday. Snuggled down in a sweatshirt over a white chocolate mocha during a drizzly afternoon we went over last minute details to make sure she and I were on the same page. As we wrapped everything up, she told me to wait and dashed to the car; coming back in with a polka dot gift bag I had only eyes for what lay behind the curled red ribbon tying the two handles together: two shiny silver keys. Inside the bag was a beautiful red journal and a heap of candy from all the girls to welcome me into the house, but I couldn't get over the feel of those keys in my hand with fresh cut grooves. I marveled at the sight of them threaded onto my keychain as Sarah Brasse's eyes danced from across the table. I looked up, feeling the warmth of the mocha spread from my abdomen to my fingers and toes and the ends of my hair. "It's real, isn't it?" I said. "It's

The Core Four

What a wonderful delight - the Core Four are back and typing about their lives. Nothing makes my day quite like reading a fresh entry - or two even! - from Tricia AND Traci AND Jans. Nothing compares. Especially Jans; that was what, a two, maybe three month difference between entries? It made me sad, but I checked as often as I thought of it. What a tremendous treat to click your link and find my name invoked in the first sentence - I'll be on a high from that for hours to come. To the rest of you wondering what names I'm referring to, check on my links sidebar; the three of them and I used to live in three different cities and two different states (now three cities and three states), and our little-traveled blogs kept us connected. These girls are the reason why I started writing a blog at all; it's hard to imagine that I once was the worst at updating consistently...now I can't get enough of it, and I run out of stories to tell (which is saying alot for me...) We all

Religious Musings...

So, getting the coffee went well. We ran into an older friend of mine and his wife there and chatted for like 20 minutes or something crazy like that. About life and church and odds and ends like that. But that meant an extra 20 minutes waiting for what Dave had to say. To sum it up, we sat down and tried to comprehensibly write the purpose of our relationship to get things going on the right track: in other words, we want to be less physical and more spiritually uplifting. Dude, even I'm intimidated by such a daunting task. But we want our relationship to be something good for the both of us; the purpose of a Christian dating relationship is to support and rebuke and encourage one another in the direction of spiritual maturity. And no, don't freak out and think I'm going Puritan on you guys or anything, I still definetely enjoy kissing and the odd harmless make-out session, there's nothing wrong with that at all...but it is a problem when the relationship is based on l